|Internet Trends: March 2008
Here's the latest from Morgan Stanley's Mary Meeker ...
Unlike previous editions, social media dominates this report, and there are a ton of interesting stats including mobile and international analysis. TechCrunch's Michael Arrington notes the following key takeaways
- YouTube + Facebook page views are greater than Google or Yahoo page views (and may be bigger than both combined)
- 6/10 top internet sites are social (youtube, live.com, facebook, hi5, wikipedia, orkut); none were on the list in 2005
- YouTube has 258 million users, 50% visit weekly or more
- 50% of Facebook users log in daily, 95% of Facebook users have used at least one third party application
- Skype revenue is $1.67/user/year, up 9% Y/Y
- 14 million photos uploaded daily on Facebook
- Google + Yahoo = 61% of U.S. Online Ad Revenue
- Google: $4.4b ad revenue in Q4, paid out $1.4 billion to partners
- Yahoo: $1.6 billion in ad revenue in Q4, paid out $429 million to partners
You can download the PPT/PDF from Morgan Stanley here
Thanks for sharing, Mike!
Tuesday, April 29, 2008