Stutzman: Selling social networks
Fred Stutzman does a bang-up job describing the current and potential ways that social networks make money.
1) Ads - or, the interestingness problem
2) Product affiliation groups - or, the non-scalability of affiliation
3) Partnership Opportunities - or, limitations of partnership
4) Micropayments - or, the selling of value
5) User payments/gatekeeping fees - or, the virtual country club
1) Exogenous or alternative markets
2) Brokering of trust
3) The negotiation of community
Miss this one at your own risk.
Technorati Tags: social.media, business.models, advertising
Wednesday, October 04, 2006