Links for 2007-11-27 [del.icio.us]
Don't miss the controversial post on TechCrunch "The Secret Strategies Behind Many “Viral” Videos" and the much-discussed article on mobile from the NYTimes.
- Universal's CEO Once Called iPod Users Thieves. Now He's Giving Songs Away.
The dinosaurs are back again, thanks to this nice interview with Universal CEO Doug Morros ... "It's safe to say that increasing his digital IQ and pondering a service-based business model aren't the topics that get him out of bed in the morning."
- Looking to Extend Online Reach? Try a Vertical Ad Network - Advertising Age
Media Giants Including Lifetime, Martha Stewart Use Partnerships to Offer Larger Targeted Audiences
- Dove Viral Draws Heat From Critics - Advertising Age
Dove's viral video attack on beauty advertising has produced a surprisingly strong and enduring blowback against Unilever from activists, newspaper op-ed writers, bloggers and videographers who see it as hypocritical coming from the same company that ...
- Mobile Web: So Close Yet So Far - New York Times
It all looks good, but the wireless communications business smacks of a soap opera, with disaster lurking like your next dropped call.
- Welcome to EveryScape
EveryScape isn't an online world, it's the world online. EveryScape takes you from the streets to the sidewalks and through the doors of the world's cities and tours. Letting businesses organizations and consumers build and share their world the way they ...
- BBC NEWS | Technology | France unveils anti-piracy plan
French web users caught pirating movies or music could soon be thrown offline.
- Syria blocks Facebook in Internet crackdown | Reuters
There was no comment form the government, which has intensified a campaign against bloggers, virtual opinion forums and independent media sites in recent months.
- The Secret Strategies Behind Many “Viral” Videos
A "slightly" controversial guest post on TechCrunch detailing the ins and outs of generating traffic and views on YouTube and other viral sites.
- Squidfingers / Patterns
Perfectly consistent background patterns, in case if you need it!
- Network Quality Entertainment — Online? « AltaCircle Drivel
John Baker looks at online content, and I've left a relatively long comment, just in case you're interested ...
- Web Research Drives More Real-World Purchases - New York Times Blog
E-commerce purchases are expected to grow a healthy but unspectacular 17 to 20 percent this holiday season over last year's. But the Web's influence over what people buy could be growing even faster.
- Identifont - Free fonts
- Download Fonts - 1001 Free Fonts
- Top 60 Japanese buzzwords of 2007 ::: Pink Tentacle
Publisher Jiyu Kokuminsha has announced this year's crop of nominees for Japanese buzzword of the year. The wide-ranging selection of 60 words and expressions — many of which come from the worlds of politics, sports and entertainment — were selected ...
Wednesday, November 28, 2007